Job 18:8 For he is cast into a net by his own feet, and he walketh upon a snare.
The enemy has laid out very careful, and well thought out snares to entrap men and he is very, very practical in his approach:
- Kill would-be saints before they are born into this world through abortion or miscarriage.
- If they survive this, then break up their homes through parental addiction, pornography, greed, pride or lust.
- If they make it through this, they have to run the gauntlet of public schools where God, satan and hell are denied and morality is ridiculed. This continues from the time they are five years old until they are eighteen for high school students or twenty-two or later if college bound.
- Beginning as early as possible, ensure they are constantly exposed to illicit sex, drugs and alcohol, violence and other vile and wicked devices designed to deceive them.
- If they go to college, morality is non-existent and God is actively attacked and denigrated and they are told they can have anything they want – after all, they deserve it.
- Continually bombard them through the air waves (he is the prince of the power of the air) with images of lust, greed, get rich quick schemes, violence and the fact that they should have all the luxuries they want – because after all, they deserve it.
- Once they get a job, keep up the peer pressure at work, for bigger and better things to occupy their time and consume their resources. Always keep them focused on things that will satisfy the emptiness they feel; well – almost.
- If someone were really talented (anointed), make them so prosperous or successful that all they think about is their money or their success, leaving no time for the Lord.
- If one should escape from all this, get them into a church where they must be part of a group or clique and keep them as busy as possible with events and fund raisers and other activities – anything but preaching the pure Word of God or reaching out to the lost.
- Ensure they pick up a religious mindset (evil spirit) whereby they are taught and feel that no church but theirs is righteous and therefore no church but theirs is assured salvation.
- Ensure there are many rules they must strictly adhere to in order to be accepted in their church.
- Create division in their church so church splits are easier to accommodate and make sure that truly righteous and on-fire Christians are never made to feel at home in their church because they are just too radical. If at all possible, re-create an atmosphere where Pharisees are easier to grow and thrive.
- Create an environment where the leaders of the church are isolated and the congregation can more easily murmur and criticize their actions, their sermons and their families.
- Attack people with sickness and disease so that they can never be truly free to serve the Lord in any real capacity as they are continually assailed by one ailment after another.
- As people age, afflict them with dementia, memory loss and foggy thinking so no one will listen or revere their words or their experiences.
You must make no mistake about it. This is a battle to the death. We will never be completely beyond the reach of our enemy until we are completely dead to sin, evil and temptation. Once we get “above the snake line,” then he will go after our children, then our grandchildren. We must contend for our families as long as we draw breath!
The enemy has continued throughout history to attack the unborn, the newly born and the innocent. There are a number of things we can do to level the playing field, and even swing it over to our advantage, but we must be aware at all times that our enemy never sleeps and will never relent. He will do everything in his power to steal our inheritance and our destiny. satan is a liar and the father of it:
John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Here are some of his favorite lies to us:
- We can live independent of God and be our own God
- God’s Word is not trustworthy or authoritative
- We can disobey God’s Word and get away with it
- We can define ourselves rather than letting God define us
- God is not good, and He does not want what is best for us
- We are not any good and will never amount to much
- Nobody, including God can tell us what to do; it is my life and I can make my own decisions
- We should follow our own desires, so life will turn out great for us
- We should go along with what other people are doing
- We are too weak to overcome sin, evil and temptation
- It is just a little sin, God really will not mind
The Father will never tell us to do things or speak to us in this manner for they are all traps from the enemy. He will never tell us to go places where we can satisfy the lusts of the flesh. He will never tell us to say things which put others down so that we can lift ourselves up. The Lord told us our weapons are mighty:
2 Corinthians 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
Dear heavenly Father, help us to become aware of our enemy and his tactics against us. Please teach our hands to war against him using the tools and weapons you provide. Please help us to never fear him or his hoards or minions, but to always stand against him and all his wiles. Protect our families from all his plans and designs with a mighty wall of fire in Jesus name. Amen.