“All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.” ~ Edmund Burke.
This is derived from an article from Paul Harvey with this same title, but my version is a little more lurid.
• If I were the Devil I would control of the most powerful nations in the world.
• I would denigrate and demean the church at every opportunity by luring its leaders into illicit sexual affairs, homosexuality and pedophilia and then never giving it rest.
• I would make gay rights and its lifestyle of vital importance to lawmakers and ensure the young were completely indoctrinated with it and that it was available to ever younger generations.
• I would make it legal to take the life of unborn babies, both early and late term, and declare fetuses as not human until actually born.
• I would pollute all youth leadership organizations so that my agenda of illicit sex, rebellion and pleasing oneself became the central focus of all youth training.
• I would ensure the slavery of each generation to sex and debauchery and sell their children as sexual objects at every opportunity.
• I would remove God from their schools, their courtrooms and from society so that even mentioning His name was grounds for a law suit and criminal proceedings. Mentioning Jesus would be illegal.
• I would ensure the mantra that church and state must be separate continues and grows until everyone believes it.
• I would ensure people were taught to love things and not people.
• I would make gambling the preferred and most relied upon method of obtaining revenue for states.
• I would convince people that character is not an issue when it comes to leadership.
• I would blame all the worlds woes on the Jews, and then on the Christians and ensure they were both targeted for destruction.
• I would make it acceptable to take one’s own life, invent machines to make it convenient, and make people believe they were helping others by killing themselves when they became old.
• I would cheapen human life as much as possible so that the life of animals is valued more than that of human beings.
• I would create television shows that constantly reminded people that they were just meat through gross and absurd preoccupation with death and the dead.
• I would attack the elderly even to the point of denying the most expensive medical procedures as a cost saving measure.
• I would invent drugs that numb and sedate the mind, and make sex more exhilarating and target the very young for widespread use.
• I would get sports heroes to take on the job to advertise my agenda.
• I would control the media, so that day and night I could pollute and saturate the mind of every family, the backbone of any nation with lust, pornography, sex and rebellion.
• I would make divorce acceptable, easy, even fashionable…so I could destroy marriage…If the family crumbles, so does the nation.
• I would compel people to express their most depraved fantasies on paper, canvas and movie screens, and I would call it art.
• I would convince people that the only thing that matters is how they look.
• I would convince the people that right and wrong are determined by a few who call themselves authorities and refer to their agenda as politically correct.
• I would persuade people that the church is completely irrelevant and out of date, and the Bible is for the naïve or the utterly stupid.
• I would dull the minds of Christians, and make them believe that prayer is useless, and that faithfulness and obedience are optional.
• I would sell cool to the youth of the nation at any cost so I could pollute their thinking and lifestyles and enslave them to my rules and my agenda.
• I would pollute all secular music media to such a degree that there is no way it could ever be turned back to decency.
• I would ensure that the youth fell completely in love with death, murder and mayhem.
• I would remove all limits from the airwaves, from sex, from body art and modification, and from all semblances of normalcy and decency.
• I would set people against one another in the family, in communities and nation against nation so they would destroy one another.
It seems to me that the enemy of our souls has done a pretty good job in fulfilling this list.
Psalms 44:23-26 Awake, why sleepest thou, O Lord? arise, cast [us] not off forever. Wherefore hidest thou thy face, [and] forgettest our affliction and our oppression? For our soul is bowed down to the dust: our belly cleaveth unto the earth. Arise for our help, and redeem us for thy mercies’ sake.
Oh Lord, please hear our prayer and bind the forces of darkness arrayed against your people! Shatter and break the teeth of those who are attacking us as Psalm 58 declares! Lord, we ask you to rebuild the hedge of protection around America and her people as we humble ourselves before you. Please do not cast us off forever and for your mercies sake, please revive us! In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.