From a brother in the Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship, Michael Corey, National Director of the GodMobile Ministry (www.godmobileministry.com):
Let’s take a look at a Scriptural definition of love from the Bible (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 )
[1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NKJV] 4 Love suffers long [and] is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never fails.
1.Love is patient.
2. Love endures and is not easily offended.
3. Love is not in a hurry
4. Love waits upon the Lord
5. Love is kind. Love is considerate of another’s need
6. Love is encouraging and tender in nature; Love seeks to bless rather than retaliate
7. Love is not jealous.
8. Love is content.
9. Love is not competitive
10. Love does not brag and is not arrogant.
11. Love is humble and gracious
12. Love does not act unbecomingly.
13. Love is not rude, but courteous
14. Love does not seek its own.
15. Love is not selfish.
16. Love esteems others before self
17. Love is not provoked.
18. Love is good tempered rather than irritable
19. Love does not take into account a wrong suffered
20. Love is not vindictive.
21. Love is forgiving
22. Love does not rejoice in unrighteousness but rejoices with the truth
23. Love does not run to expose the sin of another, but is glad to see when someone else does right
24. Love bears all things.
25. Love does not need to gossip or expose another persons faults
26. Love believes all things.
27. Love is trusting rather than cynical
28. Love looks for the best in others
29. Love hopes all things
30. Love does not give way to despondency
31. Love does not give up
32. Love endures all things.
33. Love is not easily overtaken.
34. Love can outlast any ordeal or problem
All of this can be ours for the asking. I’m often reminded that although I thought I knew what love was, it wasn’t until I was saved that I really learned what love is for God is love and he is eager to share this love with us – all we need do is ask!
If you want your life to reflect this kind of love, then pray this prayer with me out loud:
“Lord, I need and want your love to flow out of me to others. Please remove from me all my unloving ways. Lord, I pray your love flows to me, and through me to touch every person I meet. Lord, please change me so that Your love always flows forth from me into the lives of others, in Jesus name I pray. Amen!”